So my daughter has no trouble with eating. She can be picky, yes, and her tastes vary from week to week.. but she has a great appetite. Insert these combinations of toddler meals that DO WORK.
She LOVES fruit, any kind of granola bar, chicken, turkey, avocado, fish (I know this one can be tough for kids), rice, pasta, yogurt, and a few vegetables like cooked carrot, cucumber and recently salad!?
Some mornings and evenings there isn’t very much time to put together a big meal. Sometimes she may be hungry earlier than supper time, so I have tracked some simple throw together meals over the past few months.
I know everyone’s’ child has tastes that vary widely, but here are 8 easy toddler meals-
Toddler Meal #1-
- The oats are simple you can make a pot at the start of the week and eat it for a couple days. Rolled oats, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cut up apple slices.
- Sliced Grapes
- Sliced Boiled Egg
Toddler Meal #2-
- Steamed Green Beans
- Basmati Rice (again you can make a big pot and use it for a few days)
- Cooked ground turkey with salsa, salt and pepper
Toddler Meal #3-
- Whole wheat wrap with cut up leftover bbq hamburger, ketchup, shredded mozzarella cheese
Toddler Meal #4-
- Smoked Salmon Slices
- Greek Yogurt
Toddler Meal #5-
- Creamy Cashew Dip- the recipe is here
- Apple Slices for dipping
Toddler Meal #6-
- Banana Slices
- Tuna Salad, here
Toddler Meal #7-
- Avocado Slices
- Cooked Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey and Marinara
Toddler Meal #8-
- Slice of cheese
- Sprouted Grain bread with natural peanut butter and Banana Slices