These egg muffins are an excellent portable breakfast, with a kick. They’re sugar free, gluten free, paleo, high protein, the list goes on.
Keep them in the fridge and grab a couple on your way out the door in the morning.
Here’s what you’ll need-
Makes 9 Muffins
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Green Onion, Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts, Baked and Shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Tex Mex Cheese, Shredded
- Parchment Paper Muffin Cups (This is important so they don’t stick to the cups or pan)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave until melted, and add hot sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shredded chicken with half of the hot sauce and coconut oil until coated.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, then add other half of hot sauce and coconut oil, green pepper and salt and pepper to liking.
- Add parchment paper cups into muffin tins, then divide chicken mixture amongst each tin. Then add the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins rise and are golden brown.
Here is the recipe and directions to pin or save to your phone/computer-