Here are some of my great recipes to add to your rotation using foods that are said to improve milk supply. Not only are they good for lactation reasons, they’re just plain excellent for ANYONE. And the soup and bars can be made in bulk and frozen. Three great lactation recipes to boost milk supply–
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Sweet Potato, Cut into Cubes
- 1 Large Carrot, Peeled and Chopped
- Half Cup Red Lentils
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained
- 3 Cups Veggie Broth
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice of Half Lemon
- Cook sweet potato, carrot and garlic in the oil on the bottom of a large pot. When it’s tender, or close to tender, add everything else. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender in batches to puree the soup (if using a regular blender you might want to wait a while until it cools down).
- Top with Plain Greek yogurt, peanuts and chili pepper flakes!
Homemade Granola Bars
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients then beat for around 30 seconds in the microwave & mix everything together.
- Spread into one very large pan or two 8×8 or 9×9’s.
- Cut, Individually wrap and then freeze extras!
Baked Salmon Topped with Lime Guacamole
- 4 Pieces Frozen Wild Salmon
- Half Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- Half Lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line pan with tin foil, spray with olive oil and spread out fish fillets.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fish filets, and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Mash avocado, then squeeze in lime juice and add salt to taste.
- Top salmon with avocado mixture.