This dinner is a sweet way to get in veggies and is low-carb, but high in protein. They taste a little bit like pizza, and I didn’t try this time but you could surely make a double batch and freeze half for another time.
Low-Carb Stuffed Rainbow Peppers
For ingredients you will need: (Serves 3)
- 3 Colored Bell Peppers
- 6-7 Mushrooms, Diced
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
- 1/2 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Package (450g) of Extra lean Ground Turkey/Chicken or Extra Lean Beef
- 2/3 Cup Light Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- In a pan on medium, spray with olive oil and add diced mushroom, onion and garlic.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add in your ground meat of choice, and cook until it’s browned.
3. Once the meat is cooked, add in a half Jar of Marinara Sauce (this brand was PC Blue Menu).
4. Cut your bell peppers each in half, and clean out seeds and membrane. Layer the peppers in a sprayed pan, or in a glass pan covered with tin foil and sprayed with olive oil.
5. Spoon the meat/sauce mixture splitting among the peppers.
6. Top with cheese, and then cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes covered with tinfoil, then another 15-20 minutes uncovered.
We topped these with a homemade guacamole type dip, which was excellent-
Mix 1/2- whole avocado with the juice from half a lime, and add salt and pepper. Mash with a fork!
And here’s the Nutritionals according to MyFitnessPal-