Sometimes you just do NOT want to have to make a lunch for the next day. You’re tired, didn’t get home until late, the list goes on.
That’s where having lunches in the freezer, individually packed and ready to roll come in handy!
I tried out three different lunch ideas to see how they would hold up in the freezer, and then thawed after. All three turned out perfect.
The first is
Sweet Chili Chicken Wraps
According to MyFitnessPal:
317 calories, 9g fat, 18g Protein, 38g Carbs, 5g Fibre
What you’ll need-
- 2 Small Baked or steamed, mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Small Baked and Diced Chicken Breast
- Black Beans
- Diced red onion and Diced Red Pepper
- Light Shredded Cheese
- Light Mayo mixed with Salt and Pepper and Sweet Chili Sauce (3 Tbsp Mayo, 1 Tbsp Chili)
- Package of 9 Whole Wheat Wraps
- Spread about 1/2 Tbsp of mayo mixture on each wrap
- Spread 1-2 Tbsp of Sweet potato mixture in the middle of the wrap
- Sprinkle about 1-2 Tbsp Black Beans on each wrap
- Add chicken, red onion and peppers
- Sprinkle with about 1-2 Tbsp Light Cheese
- Fold each end, then roll starting on one side to make sure they hold together well
- Wrap each individually in tin foil, throw them all in a freezer-safe Ziplock and you have lunches for 9 days!
Just be sure to take one out and keep it in the fridge the night before to have time to thaw. As you can see, these are very toddler-friendly. My daughter LOVES them, and kept grabbing pieces while I was making them. There is a tiny bit of spice factor to them from the chili sauce, but if your kids aren’t bothered by that try them out!