If you love nachos AND tacos these sweet potato nachos would be a great alternative you can make at home!
We don’t really eat a lot of nachos- except once in a while at a restaurant. I’ve seen sweet potato nachos floating around the internet- but loving tacos AND nachos this is a healthier way to enjoy both.
These are healthy and toddler approved! Our daughter isn’t huge on sweet potatoes but this is one way she liked them. You can obviously add whatever toppings you enjoy- a BBQ chicken/bacon/bbq sauce/green pepper mix would also be amazing!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Thinly slice 2-3 medium sweet potatoes into rounds
- Line cookie pans with parchment paper
- Spread out sweet potatoes and spray with olive oil, sea salt and chilli powder
- Bake around 20 minutes or maybe a bit longer until crispy (flip in the middle)
- Cooked, Taco-seasoned ground turkey or lean ground beef
- Fat free cheese slice
And put in oven for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
Once the cheese is melted, top and serve with:
- Diced tomato
- Jalapeno slices
- Green onion
- Plain fat free Greek yogurt (tastes like sour cream)
- Green and red salsa