Now that it’s fall and the colder weather is coming, this soup is perfect and comforting. Pasta and soup all in one, topped with Parmesan and fresh basil. Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup–
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Container Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 Cups 1% Milk
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Large can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Place the onion, carrot, and olive oil in a large soup pot. Simmer over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the fresh basil, chicken stock, milk, pasta sauce, and diced tomatoes to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the mixture and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the tortellini into the mixture and allow the soup to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and top with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.